Brew Guide: Aeropress
The Aeropress is one of our favourite items of coffee equipment, it is so easy to use and great for chucking in your rucksack when you are out and about. Here are our brewing tips-
1. Grind roughly 17g of freshly roasted coffee to a medium coarseness and boil 200ml of water.
2. Assemble your Aeropress by inserting the two largest sections together so that they sit just inside each other leaving the screw on cap off.
3. Pour in your coffee and then pour over your water.
4. Stir the coffee for 10-15 seconds. Pop the filter paper into the cap and screw it on to the Aeropress.
5. Flip the Aeropress over onto your cup and then start to slowly push down, applying even pressure throughout. Once you start to hear a slight hissing sound your coffee is ready to go.
6. Remember to take of the cap and pop the coffee puck into the bin, then rinse through the Aeropress and seal to get rid of any residual coffee grounds.